Saturday, December 27, 2008

Can't give much context to it....but here it is, from my old blog

Why do I let you tug at my mind?
How can I keep it all so straight
Intruding and falling back
Fill me with life
Then rip it away
Filling with excitement
When I sense you are near
Then brim with disappointed
as you whisk past
I bottle the thoughts
Keep them tight within
Tossing them out freely
Whenever you have a need
Why do I let you fight with my feelings?
Feelings that I should be able
To share when I command
But allow you to come though
And take that power for your own
Surrounding their every move
Attacking...
Then withdrawing
How can I continue this way?
Continue to let you control
What used to be so important in my life
I let you start
I let you continue
I just can't let it go
But, why do I let you?

Here's another one of those "contextless" pieces...
Thoughts swirling around my head
They just won't leave
Keeps me up at night
Keeps me from enjoying life
Thoughts of coulda woulda shoulda
Interfere with inklings of can't won't move on
Like being caught jumping at a sky dive
need to jump
but just don't want to
need to jump
but unsure of what's below
need to jump
knowing only joy will come from it
but just can't yet...
Thoughts swirling that just won't leave

No comments:

Post a Comment